Whether you are looking for fresh, local, organic food for a home cooked meal or just a fun way to spend your morning, the local farmers market is a healthy and entertaining addition to any community. Not only do they have the best in local meat and produce, but our street market has live entertainment and local artisans of all kinds. The Coachella Valley area has four wonderful farmers’ markets to choose from: Palm Springs Farmers Market, Palm Desert Farmers Market, La Quinta Farmers Market, and Cathedral Valley Farmers Market (AKA Theater Square Market).
With events running throughout the week, our area’s farmers market hours and locations are sure to accommodate even the busiest schedule.
Certified Farmers Market
Sponsored by the Palm Springs Cultural Center, the Certified Farmers Market represents three different markets in Coachella Valley: Palm Springs Farmers Market, La Quinta Farmers Market, and Palm Desert Farmers Market.
Each venue offers the highest standard in quality with a beautiful open air setting, exciting local entertainment, and a wide variety of gourmet food. Our vendors produce the absolute best in organic and transitional produce, herbs, cheese, bread, honey, nuts, eggs, oils, flowers, starter plants, and fine California wine. Relax and enjoy our “Music at the Market” featuring local performers including acoustic guitar, mariachi, and zither music. They even have facepainting for the children.
Certified Farmers Market has some of the finest local vendors for all of your needs.
Farmers, Florists, and Nurseries:
- Around the World Herbs (https://www.facebook.com/Atwherbs) – herbs, seedlings, plant starts
- Arriaga Flowers
- Bautista Dates (http://7hotdates.com/)
- Bautista Creek Local Produce (http://bclocalproduce.com/) – produce, juice, and jams
- Doug Powell Farms
- Evergreen Nursery (http://www.evergreennursery.com/) – orchids and plants
- Farquhar Farms (http://www.farquharfarms.com/) – no-pesticide citrus and avocados
- Ha’s Apples (http://hasapplefarm.com/) – organic apples, dried fruit, and juice
- Hamlow Ranches
- Herbivore – plant starts
- Jaime Farms (http://www.jaimefarms.com/index.asp) – organic produce and eggs
- Lori’s Plants (https://www.facebook.com/lorisplants) – flowers and starter plants
- Naylor Organics (http://www.naylorsorganicfarmstay.com/) – organic stone fruits
- Oak Grove Farms – fresh produce
- Old Orange Grove
- Ramirez Farms
- Sage Mountain Farms (http://www.sagemountainfarm.com/) – organic produce and eggs
- Santiago Soto Farms
- Wong Farms (https://www.facebook.com/WongFarms) – hydroponic tomatoes and cucumbers
Cheese, Nuts, and Cooking Oil:
- Bela Vado (http://www.bellavado.com/) – organic avocado oil, fresh soap, and lotion
- Malibu Olive Oil (http://malibuolivecompany.com/) – gourmet organic olive oil
- MnM Macadamia Nuts
- Santa Barbara Pistachio Company (http://www.santabarbarapistachios.com/)
- Springhill Cheese (http://www.springhillcheese.com/) – organic and unique cheeses
- Stackhouse Brothers Orchards – almonds
- Temecula Olive Oil Company (http://www.temeculaoliveoil.com/)
- Winchester Cheese – raw gouda cheese
- The Bean Coffee (http://www.thebeancoffeecompany.com/) – organic antioxidant coffee
- L’Artisan Valley Baking (http://lartisanvbc.com/) – gourmet artisan breads
- Townie Bagels (http://towniebagels.com/) – the only real water boiled bagels in Palm Springs
They also host community outreach groups such as Hidden Harvest (http://www.hiddenharvest.org/), Olive Crest (http://www.olivecrest.org/), and the Rotary Club (https://www.rotary.org/).
Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce
72-567 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA
8 am – 12:30pm
September – June
2300 E Baristo Road at Farrell
Palm Springs, CA
8 am – 12:30pm
September – June
Old Town La Quinta
78100 Main Street
La Quinta, CA 92253
8am – 12:30pm
October – May
Cathedral City Farmers Market
A new market to the area, the Cathedral City Farmers Market was established in October 2014 by Henny Aiken and Anna Santos. Located between the IMAX and Mary Pickford movie theaters in Theater Square, this venue is perfect for a casual Sunday on the town.
In addition to numerous local farmers, this market also features a variety of quality food trucks, baked goods, canned goods, and barbeque. They have fine local crafts perfect for gifts, including jewelry, sandals, and seasonal decorations.
Before you stop off to see a movie, stop for a meal at one of their many fine food trucks, barbeque stands, or bakeries while enjoying a wonderful performance by talented local musicians.
Free parking and admission
Dogs allowed on leashed
The Cathedral City Farmers Market features many exciting local farmers, gourmets, artisans, and much more. Some of their most popular vendors include:
- Henny’s Kitchen and Garden – homemade jams and pickles
- BuMa Farms
- Sam Cobb Farms (http://www.samcobbfarms.com/) – featuring 7 varieties of dates
- The Gorilla Cookie (http://thegorillacookie.com/) – high protein cookies
- Naomi’s Classy Craft (https://www.etsy.com/shop/NaomisClassyCraft)
Location & Dates
68700 Avenida Lalo Guerro
Cathedral City, CA 92234
Sundays, 9am – 3pm
October – April