Induction cooktops have a lock mode that stops any heat and inactivates the control panel, ensuring that power is never left on inadvertently. How do you unlock Wolf induction cooktop? Touch and hold the key panel for 5 seconds. Two chimes will sound and the key symbol should disappear, indicating that the cooktop is unlocked. We’ll review some important information about this safety feature and what to do if your Wolf induction cooktop won’t unlock.
Wolf Induction Cooktop Won’t Unlock? This Could Be Why
In addition to activating when the cooktop isn’t in use, the lock feature will also be engaged when your stove is first installed. We’ll discuss what to do before using your stove for the first time as well as steps to take if your Wolf induction cooktop won’t unlock. But, first, here’s some more information about the purpose of lock mode.
What is The Wolf Induction Cooktop Lock Mode Safety Feature?
Why is my Wolf cooktop locked in certain situations? With induction cooking, it may not always be apparent when the cooktop is on. Burners don’t give off heat unless a pan is present and they may not have lights that indicate power use. If the stove is mistakenly left on and not used for 5 minutes, the lock mode engages automatically as a safety precaution. The key symbol in the bottom right corner of the control panel will illuminate and power to the unit will cease.
You can also engage the lock mode by holding down the key symbol on the control panel for 3 seconds. The symbol will illuminate after 3 chimes sound, indicating that the lock mode is engaged. Wolf recommends using lock mode as a child protective device or when cleaning the controls to prevent accidental activation of the cooktop.
How to Unlock a CT Induction Cooktop
Once the cooktop is locked, unlocking it is the only way to restore power and begin cooking.
Unlock Wolf induction cooktop with these simple steps:
- Find the key symbol on the bottom right corner of the control panel.
- Touch and hold the key symbol for 5 seconds.
- Two chimes will sound and the key symbol light should disappear, indicating that the control panel is enabled.
What To Do If It’s Locked When First Turned On
When your Wolf induction cooktop is installed and powered on for the first time, the lock mode is engaged as a default setting. You will need to unlock the cooktop before its first use.
Here’s how to unlock a Wolf induction cooktop when using it for the first time:
- Clean the cooktop before unlocking it with a nonabrasive cleaner and damp cloth. Remove any residue with a clean, dry cloth.
- Locate the key symbol on the control panel’s bottom right hand corner.
- Touch and hold the symbol for 5 seconds.
- After the two chimes sound and the key symbol light disappears, the control panel will be enabled.
CT Induction Cooktop Bypass
Is there a Wolf induction cooktop blinking light on the control panel or is the lock mode key symbol blinking? While this could indicate a malfunction, specific interventions could solve the problem.
Follow these steps if your Wolf induction cooktop won’t unlock:
- Make sure the cooktop is clean and free of objects.
- Turn off the stove’s power via its circuit breaker for 10 seconds. Power the breaker back on and try to unlock the control panel.
- If the lock mode light or other lights continue blinking and/or lock mode can’t be disengaged, contact a professional repair service.
DeserTech Appliance Service is factory-certified in all Wolf appliances. If your Wolf induction cooktop won’t unlock or suffers any malfunction, schedule an appointment with one of our experienced technicians!